Living in the wider world
Living in the Wider World and Being a Responsible Citizen
Key Stages 1 and 2
During Key Stages 1 and 2, children gradually build on the skills, attitudes and values, knowledge and understanding they have started to acquire and develop during the Early Years/Foundation Stage. PSHE offers learning opportunities and experiences which reflect the increasing independence and physical and social awareness of learners as they move through KS1 and KS2. They learn skills to develop effective relationships, assume greater personal responsibility and keep themselves safe. PSHE assists pupils to cope with the changes at puberty, introduces them to a wider world and enables them to make an active contribution to their communities.
Core Theme 3: Living in the Wider World and Being a Responsible Citizen
Pupils will be taught:
1. About respect for self and others and the importance of responsible behaviours and actions.
2. About rights and responsibilities as members of families, other groups and ultimately as citizens.
3. About different groups and communities.
4. To respect equality and to be a productive member of a diverse community.
5. About the importance of respecting and protecting the environment.
6. About where money comes from, keeping it safe and the importance of managing it effectively.
7. How money plays an important part in people’s lives.
8. A basic understanding of enterprise.